Below are our standard terms and conditions. Please contact us for any queries or concerns prior to hiring.
Eligibility of Hirer(s)
- The hirer must hold a current and unrestricted Australian driver’s licence.
- The hirer must be over the age of 25years. Should the hirer or any additional named driver be under 25years, Camping Culture Australia can withhold an additional security deposit of $2500.00 (in addition to the standard $700) to allow the hirer use of the camper trailers.
- International hirers will incur a bond no less than $1000 for camper, Caddy or Pod trailer hire. Should the age of an international visitor be under 25 years, an additional $2500 bond will also apply.
- Prior to hire of the camper trailer, Camping Culture Australia requires an identification check equivalent to the 100 point process. As a minimum this shall include a current Australian driver’s licence with photo identification, as well as 2 other forms of identification (Utility bill, Medicare card), one of which is required to include a current address.
- Prior to hiring a camper trailer and entering into a hire agreement with Camping Culture Australia the hirer must confirm that they have not been refused motor vehicle insurance. In addition the hirer must also confirm that they do not have any traffic related criminal convictions that may affect their insurance eligibility.
- The vehicle to be used as the tow vehicle for the duration of the hire period must have comprehensive insurance cover and current registration. A copy is to be provided to Camping Culture Australia prior to or upon collection of the camper trailer.
- The hirer shall provide details to Camping Culture Australia about their vehicle’s towing capacity. Should the vehicle be unsuitable, Camping Culture Australia reserves the right to refuse hire of the camper trailer. Should the tow vehicle change between booking and collection, it is the responsibility of the hirer to advise Camping Culture Australia of the change and ensure the alternative vehicle is suitable. Should Camping Culture Australia not be notified and refusal to hire occurs at collection due to unsuitable tow vehicle, the hirer shall forfeit the deposit amount.
- Ensure that the tow vehicle is capable of towing the required weight of 1400kg.
- Our trailers use a standard 2 inch / 50mm rectanguar hitch, please ensure that this is compatible with your vehicle and that it is removed, but kept in vehicle prior to collection. Also ensure that the electrics, including your 12V outlet in the front of the vehicle are in good working order.
- Camping Culture Australia reserves the right to refuse hire of the camper trailers should the towing vehicle be deemed unsuitable or unsafe for the proposed hire.
- All Camping Culture Australia camper trailers are fitted with electric brakes. An electric brake unit will be required on the tow vehicle. Camping Culture Australia can arrange for a loan electric brake controller should this be required. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that the electric brake control unit is working correctly throughout the duration of the hire.
- International visitors will require full payment up front for the entire hire duration, and the standard security bond will be the equivalent of those under 25yrs (as stated in section 1.2). Copies of international drivers licence will be required prior to hire.
- A minimum holding deposit of 50% of the total hire charge is to be paid by the hirer at time of booking.
- Bookings will not be confirmed until the deposit has been received by Camping Culture Australia. Upon receipt of deposit, Camping Culture Australia will confirm booking in writing.
- Camping Culture Australia will accept cash, direct bank deposit as well as debit and credit cards. Camping Culture Australia does not charge any fees for credit card processing, with the exception of international transactions, which will incur a 2% surcharge.
- The remaining hire charge shall be paid to Camping Culture Australia no less than 14 days prior to the collection date of the camper trailer from the agreed pick up location.
- Should either the holding deposit or the remaining payments not be received in a timely manner as outlined in our confirmation email and in accordance with the terms and conditions, Camping Culture Australia reserve the right to cancel the booking. Should the booking be cancelled by Camping Culture Australia due to late or non payment, any deposits already received shall be forfeited by the hirer.
- A security deposit is to be paid to Camping Culture Australia either together with the remaining hire charge, or a day prior to collection. The camper trailer and/or accessories shall not be released from Camping Culture Australia’s premises without the security deposit being paid.
- The Security Deposit for camper trailers shall be no less than $700 ($3200 for persons aged less than 25 years). This can be paid online by credit card or prior to collection via direct deposit.
- The Security Deposit for any accessories (including tents, swags and Camping Caddy’s) shall be no less than $500 ($3000 for persons aged less than 25 years on Camping Caddy’s).
- Camping Culture Australia will refund the security deposit to the hirer within 14 days after the return of the camper trailer and/or accessories. Should there be a need for Camping Culture Australia to withhold some or all of the security deposit, we will advise the hirer and provide an itemised breakdown of the charges incurred.
- The hirer shall agree to the above payment terms. Failure to comply with the above payment terms will result in a cancelation of the hire agreement and a forfeit of any deposit already paid to Camping Culture Australia.
- Late returns (2hrs past agreed time) shall incur an additional daily charge rate equivalent to the equipment listed on the hire form. For late return exceeding a full day, refer to section 4.4 for penalties.
- Once a booking has been confirmed by way of deposit paid, should the hirer wish to cancel the booking, written notification must be given to Camping Culture Australia as outlined below. Refund of the deposit shall incur a $75 cancellation fee for Trailers and $50 cancellation fee for accessories in addition to:
- Greater than 28 days written notice; deposits refunded in full less above cancellation fee.
- Less than 27 days’ notice, you will be required to forfeit your full deposit.
- Early return of camper trailers or accessories for any reason whatsoever will not constitute a refund of any kind.
- Should you wish to re-book for another time (within 3 months of original booking) we will credit that booking with amount already paid, however cancellations will not be offered a refund outside of the above terms and conditions.
Camper Trailer/Accessories Pickup – returns and rental extension
- Collection of rental equipment shall be between the hours of 9am-2pm Monday to Friday or on weekends by prior arrangement and appointment only.
- Return of rental equipment shall be advised to Camping Culture Australia either upon collection, or the day prior to return. A suitable time will be agreed that will not be later than 4pm on the designated return date. Return after 4pm without prior agreement will result in an additional days hire being charged from the bond. Should the late return result in a subsequent hire being delayed, and associated costs will also be deducted from the bond.
- If the hirer wishes to extend the rental hire during the hire period, approval must be sought from Camping Culture Australia no less than 3 days before agreed return date.
- Rental extensions are subject to availability and therefore we cannot guarantee that your request will be approved.
- Any approved extension shall be charged at the same daily rate as the original rental agreement and the amount is to be paid in full immediately upon approval being granted via credit card.
- Should the hirer not return the camper trailer or any associated accessories on the agreed return date, a fee of $150 per day or part thereof until the camper trailer or accessories are returned.
General terms and Conditions
- Smoking of any kind is not permitted inside the camper trailer, under any associated annexes/awnings or gazebos. Any odour of smoke within the camper upon return will result in the complete loss of the security deposit.
- When camping in proximity to an open campfire, ensure that there is a suitable distance between any open flames and the camper trailer, and ensure that the camper trailer is fully closed to avoid smoke entering the camper trailer. Excessive odours within the camper trailer may result in a cleaning fee being deducted from the security deposit.
- Pets of any kind are not permitted within camper trailers hired by Camping Culture Australia
- The hirer and any additional drivers are to be identified on the hire agreement prior to departure. No additional drivers are permitted after time of departure without prior agreement from Camping Culture Australia.
- The hirer shall not sub-lease or lend the camper trailer or any associated accessories provided by Camping Culture Australia to any other persons other than those named on the hire agreement.
- The hirer shall accept full responsibility for the camper trailer and any associated accessories supplied for the entire duration of the hire agreement.
- The hirer shall ensure that towing of the camper trailer is done so in accordance with relevant state and territory regulations.
- Towing of the camper trailer shall be restricted to areas that are accessible by the tow vehicle, and not in breach of any state or territory laws that may restrict access to those areas. A safe towing policy should be adopted for off road conditions. Any damage as a result of using the camper trailer is the responsibility of the hirer.
- Towing of the camper trailer through salt water, river crossings, flooded water or swollen creeks is strictly prohibited.
- Roads having excessive corrugations (Gibb River Road, Tanami Road etc) are to be avoided. Any damage resulting from use of the camper trailer on these or any excessively corrugated roads shall be the responsibility of the hirer and will result in the complete loss of the security deposit.
- The hirer is responsible for checking of local weather conditions. Camping Culture Australia’s camper trailers are not to be taken into areas that have or are expecting cyclone conditions during the hire period.
- No person named or otherwise shall tow the camper trailer whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The main named hirer shall be fully responsible for the payment of any infringements incurred during the hire period.
- Camping Culture Australia take no responsibility for the loss or damage of personal belongings.
- Camping Culture Australia recommends that you have sufficient travel insurance cover to cover the cost of unforeseen issues preventing you from hiring the camper trailer or accessories.
- Towing of our lightweight camper trailers is restricted to ‘on road’ use only with light duty off road travel permitted with prior approval.
Accidents and Breakdowns
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring they have sufficient roadside assistance cover to enable the camper trailer to be taken to nearest repair centre
- Camping Culture Australia will not be liable for any expenses incurred by the hirer in the event of a breakdown.
- The hirer should at their earliest convenience (within 48hrs) advise Camping Culture Australia of any breakdown or accident.
- Should an accident occur which involves the hire vehicle; it is the hirer’s responsibility to report the accident to the nearest police station.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer, at the scene of the accident to obtain the following information from any other party involved:
- The names, addresses and insurance details of any other drivers involved
- The make, colour, model and registration number of any other car involved
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident
- Notes of your conversations with other people at the scene
- A sketch of the scene including the street names and suburb
- Time and date of the accident, road and weather conditions.
- If you have a camera Camping Culture Australia strongly recommend taking photos of the property damage at the scene.
- Do not admit that the accident was your fault or offer to pay the cost of any damage before getting legal advice.
Damage and Cleaning
- Any damage to the hire vehicle and or accessories whilst in possession of the hirer shall be recouped by Camping Culture Australia through use of the security deposit or part thereof.
- Should the total cost of repairs exceed the security deposit, the hirer shall be held liable for any additional and reasonable costs associated with repairs.
- Any damage to tyres and/or rims of the camper trailer is the responsibility of the hirer. Should a tyre puncture, blow or shred they must be replaced by the hirer at their own expense with the correct load and size rated tyre as the original. Alternative but equal are allowed, but no re-treads.
- Camping Culture Australia recommends that your travel insurance has suitable cover for personal items.
- Any items supplied by Camping Culture Australia that are found to be broken, missing or lost will be deducted from the hirers security deposit at a like for like replacement cost.
- The hirer is not to alter, modify or tamper in any way any item supplied by Camping Culture Australia.
- Camping Culture Australia recommends that any annexes/gazebos are suitably secured or taken down when in high wind conditions or when the camper trailer is left unattended.
- Camping Culture Australia will reimburse the hirer up to $50 without authority for the purchase of items such as bulbs/globes that require replacement to ensure the safety of the hire vehicle. Receipts must be produced upon return for reimbursement. Any items above $50 will require prior approval from Camping Culture Australia.
- The camper trailer shall be returned in a clean and tidy condition (as supplied) with all accessories cleaned and fridge emptied and cleaned.
- CLEAN UPON RETURN POLICY: Any cleaning required by Camping Culture Australia will incur a minimum cleaning charge of $75 for an external clean and an additional $75 for an internal clean (approx 1hr internal and 1hr external), this will be deducted from the bond. Excess additional charges for overly soiled campers/equipment will be charged at a rate of $75 per hour.
Indemnity and Severability
- The hirer uses the hire vehicle and any associated accessories at their own risk at all times and releases Camping Culture Australia, its employees and agents from any liability.
- The hirer hereby indemnifies and shall keep indemnified Camping Culture Australia, its employees and agents against claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by the hirers use and/or possession of the camper trailer or any associated accessories.
- Accessories This includes any additional accessories supplied with the camper trailer by the owner as part of the package, or additional accessories supplied as listed on the hire form.
- Hire Agreement Is the combination of both these terms and conditions along with the hire form
- Hire Form Is the form that is to be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions which outlines the items being hired, payment information and agreed hire duration.
- Hirer Is the person accepting responsibility for the hire agreement and additional hirers outlined on the hire form.